Here is a list of the useful ressources you want to read if you want to contribute to the project :
- Coding standards defines what your code should look like
- Contribution guidelines lists the dos and don'ts of proposing a contribution
- Github explains the proper procedure to submit a new feature via github
- Developper's guide points at a few useful things about the codebase
- How to file an issue explains everything you want to do when filing a new issue on Github
How to submit a pull request to the Smoothieware Github project
Fork the original repositiory
Create a Fork in your github of https://github.com/Smoothieware/Smoothieware.git by clicking the Fork button
You will now have a forked repository in your list of repositories
Clone the forked repository
You can get the URL for cloning that repository by clicking the copy URL button
On your local workstation clone the repository: git clone <your github fork of smoothie>
Create a new branch for your bugfix / feature
Create a fix branch with a descriptive name: git checkout -b fix/some-error
NOTE only one feature/bug fix per branch please
Edit the file to fix the error
- Check the fix!!!
- Make sure your changes are coincide with our coding standards! (use 4 spaces per indent and not tabs, etc.)
Commit your changes and push it back on Github
Commit the changes: git commit -am 'introduced lots of bugs'
Push the branch to your github: git push origin fix/some-error
Submit your pull request
In github there should be a button that says pull request for that branch, click it
Select edge as the destination branch, add comments
- Check the Files Changed Tab in Github to make sure only the files you want to change are listed
- Check that only the lines you want changed are changed
Submit the pull request
Want to learn Git ?
Try this game.